1. The people all over remain perplexed over the question of longevity. So I narrate the relative principles based on the Shastras here under.
2-3. SELECTION OF SYSTEM FOR LONGEVITY COMPUTATION. Out of the triothe Sun, the Moon and the Ascendant, if the Ascendant is the strongest, Amsayurdaya should be resorted to. Pindayu is the best, if the Sun is predominant, while Nisargayu is the apt choice with Moon prevailing. If the three in question are bereft of strength, then Jeevasarma's system can be used.
4. AMSAYURDAYA CALCULATIONS. The longitudes (counted from Aries first point) of the (seven) planets and the Ascendant should be divided by 200 to get the number of years. The quotients in later processes should be multiplied by the respective multipliers to get months, days and Ghatis.
5. ADDITIONS FOR ASCENDANT'S CONTRIBUTION. If the Ascendant is strong the number of years equal to the Rāśis it has traversed should be added. Months etc. thereof should be guessed by rule of three method.
6. RECTIFICATIONS FOR PLANETARY CONTRIBUTIONS. The contribution made by a planet, that is in Vargothama, own Sign, own decanate, or own Navāńśa should be doubled. If it is retrograde, or in exaltation the figure should be trebled.
7. If a planet's contribution gets doubled by virtue of position in own Sign, own decanate etc. (as per Sloka 6 above) and further warrants trebling by virtue of retrogression/exaltation, the trebling should also be done. So say the learned.
8. According to Chudamani Acharya, if a planet is in Angle contributions by each rectification shall be considered. If it is in Panaphara (2nd, 5th, 8th and 11th) only two multiplications be done. If it is in Apoklima (3rd, 6th, 9th and 12th) only one (i.e. the highest) should be taken.
9. According to Varaha Mihira, if many multiplications are warranted, only the highest be considered. But this view is not acceptable to ancestors.
10. REDUCTIONS FOR AMSAYURDAYA CONTRIBUTIONS. If a planet is in its inimical Sign, a third of the earlier (final) figure should only be taken. If it is combust in the Sun, only half need be computed. The contributions by Venus and Saturn do not suffer reductions on account of their combustion.
11-12. VYAYADI (CHAKRARDHA) HARANA. A malefic in the 12th loses all his contribution. If in the 11th half, in the 10th a third, in the 9th a fourth, in the 8th one fifth and in the 7th one sixth of the contribution suffers. Benefics in these places lose just half of what malefics lose. Further, if there are two, or more planets in one and the same House, only the strongest suffers reduction.
13-15. PINDAYU. In this system the planets from the Sun onwards through Saturn contribute, respectively, 19, 25, 15, 12, 15, 21 and 20 in their order, when they are in (deep) exaltation. From the longitude of the planet (for which the contribution is being computed) deduct its highest exaltation degree (counted from Aries first point). In case the minuend is greater than the subtrahend, then increase the former by 12 Signs i.e. 360 degrees). Multiply the latest product by the number of years allotted for the planet and divide by 12 to get years. Dividers for months equal to Amsas (or degrees i e. 30) and for days Vikalas (i.e. 60).
16. In the case of Pindayurdaya also the same multiplications and rectifications apply. Leaving aside a retrograde planet, one in inimical Sign loses a third, while the one in fall retains only half of the contribution. The planet in exaltation retains the entire contribution.
17. ASCENDANTAL CONTRIBUTION IN PINDAYURDAYA. If the Navāńśa Lagna Lord is strong, then the years contributed will equal the Navāńśas past, If, however, the Lagna Rāśi Lord is stronger, then the Rāśis past up to Lagna (counted from Aries) will be the number of years.
18-19. REDUCTION FOR RISING PLANETS. If malefics occupy the Ascendant, convert the Ascendant into degrees, minutes etc. Multiply this by the number of years contributed by the malefics in question. Then divide the product by 21,600. Respective products should be reduced from the earlier contributions of each of the malefics occupying the Ascendant. (This will be the net contribution by each malefic in case he occupies the Ascendant). If the malefics in Ascendant are aspected by the benefics suffice it to say half of the reduction need only be done.
20. NISARGA YURDAYA. In the Nisargayu scheme, the planets from the Sun to Saturn contribute 20, 1, 2, 9, 18, 20 and 50, respectively.
21. FULL SPAN OF LIFE. The full span of life (120 years and 5 days) will be enjoyed by the native, who has Pisces Ascendant with its 9th Navāńśa and Mercury in 25 degrees of Taurus, while others are in their deep exaltation points.
22. UNLIMITED LONGEVITY. Jupiter along with the Moon in Cancer identical with the Ascendant, Mercury with Venus in an Angle (or separately in Angles), while the rest are in the 3rd, 6th and 11th: One with this combination will enjoy a limitless life span.
23-24. SPAN OF FULL LIFE FOR VARIOUS ANIMALS. The full span of life of elephants and men are 120 years and 5 days. For horses it is 32 years, for goats etc. 16 years, for camels and donkeys 25 years, for cows and buffaloes 24 years and for dogs 12 years. Just as for the mankind, the longevity for the various animals can be computed. The computations should be done, as explained supra, multiplied by the figure representing full life span and divided by 120.
25. Only those, who consume wholesome diet, those, who are virtuous, those, who have good conduct and those, who conquer their senses will enjoy the longevity, as laid down by the sages.
calculation of longivity in kundli,
This entry was posted on 6:54 AM
and is filed under
calculation of longivity in kundli
You can follow any responses to this entry through
the RSS 2.0 feed.
You can leave a response,
or trackback from your own site.
This entry was posted on 6:54 AM and is filed under calculation of longivity in kundli , total age , vedic kundli . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.