1-2. O excellent of the Brahmins, I now narrate below the Raj Yogas, making one entitled to royal honour. These were told to Parvati by Lord Shiva once upon a time, the gist of which is, as follows.
3-5. Raj Yogas are to be known from the Karakāńś Lagn and the natal Lagn. On the one hand the pair of Atma Karak and Putr Karak should be considered and on the other hand the natal Lagn’s Lord and Putr’s Lord should be taken into consideration. The effects, due to such association, will be full, or a half, or a quarter, according to their strengths.
6-7. Maha Raj Yog. Should Lagn’s Lord and Putr’s Lord exchange their Rāśis, or, if Atma Karak and Putr Karak (Char) are in Lagn, or in Putr Bhava, or in the exaltation Rāśi, or in own Rāśi, or in own Navāńś, receiving a Drishti from a benefic, Maha Raj Yog is produced. The native so born will be famous and happy.
8. If Lagn’s Lord and Atma Karak are in Tanu, Putr, or Yuvati Bhava, yuti with, or receiving a Drishti from a benefic, a Raj Yog is formed.
9-10. Should there be benefics in the 2nd, the 4th and the 5th, counted either from Lagn’s Lord, or from Atma Karak Rāśi, one will become a king. Similarly malefics in the 3rd and 6th from Lagn’s Lord, or from Atma Karak Rāśi will make one a king.
11. One will be related to royal circles, if Śukr is the Karakāńś, or in the 5th there from, or in Lagn, or in Arudh Lagn, receiving a Drishti from, or yuti with Guru, or Candr.
12. Even, if a single Grah gives a Drishti to the natal Lagn, or Hora Lagn, or Ghatik Lagn, the native will become a king.
13-14. If the Shad Vargas of Lagn are occupied, or receive a Drishti from one and the same Grah, a Raj Yog is doubtlessly formed. Accordingly, if the Drishti is full, half, or one fourth, results will be in order full, medium and negligible.
15. If the 3 Lagnas (natal, Hora and Ghatik) are occupied by Grahas in exaltation, or in own Rāśi, or, if the natal Lagn, the Dreshkan Lagn and the Navāńś Lagn have exalted Grahas, Raj Yog is formed.
16. If Candr and a benefic are in the Arudh Lang, as Guru is in the 2nd from the natal Lagn and both these places are receiving Drishtis from Grahas in exaltation, or Grahas in own Rāśi, there will be a Raj Yog.
17. If Lagn, Dhan and Bandhu Bhava are occupied by benefics, while a malefic is in Sahaj Bhava, one will become a king, or equal to a king.
18. The native will be wealthy, if one among Candr, Guru, Śukr and Budh is exalted in Dhan Bhava.
19. If Ari, Randhr and Sahaj Bhava are occupied by debilitated Grahas, as Lagn’s Lord is exalted, or is in own Bhava and gives a Drishti to Lagn, there is a Raj Yog.
20. Again a Raj Yog is formed, if Ari’s, Randhr’s and Vyaya’s Lords are in fall, or in inimical Rāśis, or in combustion, as Lagn’s Lord, placed in his own Rāśi, or in its exaltation Rāśi, gives a Drishti to Lagn.
21. If Karm’s Lord, placed in his own Bhava, or in its exaltation Rāśi, gives a Drishti to Lagn, a Raj Yog is formed. Similar is the case, if benefics are in Kendras.
22. If the Atma Karak Grah is in a benefic’s Rāśi/Navāńś, the native will be wealthy. If there are benefics in Kendras from Karakāńś Lagn, he will become a king.
23. If the Arudh Lagn and Dar Pad are in mutual Kendras, or in mutual Sahaj/Labh Bhavas, or in mutual Konas, the native will doubtlessly become a king.
24. If two, or all of Bhava, Hora, Ghatik Lagnas are receiving a Drishti from exalted Grahas, a Raj Yog is formed.
25. If Bhava, Hora and Ghatik Lagnas, their Dreshkanas and Navāńśas, or the said Lagnas and their Navāńśas, or the said Lagnas and their Dreshkanas receive a Drishti from a Grah, a Raj Yog is formed.
26-27. If Arudh Pad is occupied by an exalted Grah, particularly Candr in exaltation, or by Guru and/or Śukr (with, or without exaltation), while there is no Argala by a malefic, the native will become a king. If the Arudh Pad is a benefic Rāśi, containing Candr, while Guru is in Dhan Bhava, the same effect will prevail.
28. Even, if one among Ari’s, Randhr’s and Vyaya’s Lords, being in debilitation, gives a Drishti to Lagn, there will be a Raj Yog.
29-31. The native will become a king, if a Grah, ruling Bandhu, Karm, Dhan, or Labh, gives a Drishti to Lagn, while Śukr gives a Drishti to the 11th from Arudh Lagn, as Arudh Lagn is occupied by a benefic. The same effect will be obtained, if a debilitated Grah gives a Drishti to Lagn and is placed in Ari, or Randhr Bhava. Again similar result will prevail, if a debilitated Grah, placed in Sahaj, or Labh Bhava, gives a Drishti to Lagn.
32. I now tell you of the Raj Yogas, based on the Grahas with different dignities and on the Drishtis and Yutis of the Grahas.
33-34. Dharm’s Lord is akin to a minister and more especially Putr’s Lord. If these two Grahas mutually give a Drishti, the native will obtain a kingdom. Even, if these two are yuti in any Bhava, or, if they happen to be placed in mutually 7th places, one born of royal scion will become a king.
35. The native will attain a kingdom, if Bandhu’s Lord is in Karm Bhava and Karm’s Lord is in Bandhu Bhava and, if these Grahas give a Drishti to Putr’s and Dharm’s Lords.
36. If the Lords of Putr, Karm, Bandhu and Lagn are yuti in Dharm Bhava, one will become a ruler with fame, spreading over the four directions.
37. Should the Lord of Bandhu, or of Karm Bhava join either the Putr’s Lord, or Dharm’s Lord, the native will obtain a kingdom.
38. If Putr’s Lord is in Lagn, Bandhu, or Karm Bhava, yuti with Dharm’s Lord, or Lagn Lord, the native will become a king.
39. Should Guru be in his own Rāśi identical with Dharm Bhava and yuti with either Śukr, or Putr’s Lord, the native will obtain royal status.
40. Two and a half Ghatis from mid-day, or from mid-night is auspicious time. A birth during such an auspicious time will cause one to be a king, or equal to him.
41. Should Candr and Śukr be mutually in Sahaj and Labh Bhava and receiving Drishtis from each other, while they are placed elsewhere, a Raj Yog is obtained.
42. Should Candr, endowed with strength, be Vargottāńś and receives a Drishti from four, or more Grahas, the native will become a king.
43. One will become a king, if Lagn in Uttamāńś receives a Drishti from four, or more Grahas, out of which Candr should not be one.
44. If one, or two, or three Grahas are in exaltation, one of a royal scion will become a king, while another will be equal to a king, or be wealthy.
45. If four, or five Grahas occupy their exaltation Rāśis, or Mooltrikon Rāśis, even a person of base birth will become king.
46. If six Grahas are exalted, the native will become emperor and will enjoy various kinds of royal paraphernalia.
47. Even, if one among Guru, Śukr and Budh is in exaltation, while a benefic is in a Kendr, the native will become a king, or be equal to him.
48. If all benefics are relegated to Kendras, while malefics are in Sahaj, Ari and Labh Bhava, the native, though may be of mean descent, will ascend the throne.