Tantra is composed of two words, i.e.tan and tra which implies that through sadhana and pooja one can mould nature and God according to one's desires. Tantra is a sadhana, a method, a technique or a path that is available in all religions. Tantras are deeply associated with the mantras. Without mantras tantra cannot be successful. Both are practiced simultaneously to achieve success in tantra. Tantra is not a religion but is a sadhana, a shastra, consisting of religion's treatise compiled by Lord Shiva containing mystical formulae for the attainment of supernatural powers. Mantras are continually whispered by a tantrik while performing the rituals as they help to energise tantras for specific purposes. The mantras produce appropriate vibrations within a psychic field. Besides mantra the asana is also closely related to tantra.
Asana is actually a step by step dissolution of the body into the subtle elements, a process of gradual involution whereby the body is identified with the sense of smell, water with taste, fire with vision, air with touch, ether with sound. These five elements are merged one by one into their sources with potentials of energies and ultimately ego is dissolved into mahat, the great one. Sahkti or pure consciousness is constantly coming down in a shower on human beings,but on account of cosmic bombardment, it is immediately transformed and diffused throught the body.
In reuniting Shiva shakti, the adept can reach out and enjoy the benefits falling from the sahastara chakra, the centre of communication directly between the individual and infinite consciousness above. It is also stressed that all the rituals should be performed under the guidance of the Guru. Various kind of initiation by a Guru are mentioned in Tantra sastras.They are sakti, sambhabi, mantri, anabi, kriyabati, barnamoyee, kalatma, bidhanmdya, etc.Despite different kinds of initiation,all produce the same effect and lead to liberation from bondage.
Tantra is a shastra which indicates ways to bring people and situations under one's control through sadhana. Sadhana shastra contains the various methods of sadhana which can be divided into 5 parts.
1. Pattal : This part details the importance, of jaap for desires, homa, mantra and homa articles for a particular Deva or Deity. Use of mantras if any are also indicated in this.
2. Paddati : The methods of sadhana indicated in this part, includes the methods of taking bath from morning to puja jaap mantra, their use and methods of sadhana for particular occassions.
3. Kawach : The method which we adopt to appease each devta through their names and pray for protection is known as kawach. It is a way through which siddhi of devtas is obtained. Kawach is used after japa. Talismans are made through it and clothes etc. can also be infused for use in tantra.
4. Sahastra Nam : It implies to thousand names. The verses contains thousand names of the devta for which pooja is performed. It indicates the various details of different deities,etc.Specific mantras for siddhi of these deities are detailed therein.
5. Stotra : They are the verses of pooja, prayer of deities. Also methods are indicated for use of mantra, method of making yantras, use of medicines, and other details have been provided in the stotras.
The yoga comes from the sanskrit word 'Yoj' which means to unite,to synthesise i.e. it's ultimate aim is to join oneself with the universal self. But the self is not gained by a weak body. Hence the principal aim of haath yoga is to build a healthy body and train the mind. Yog being another technique of transformation is an important part of tantra. Yoga used in tantra is based more or less on the haath yog with extra dimension. The bodily attitudes, contractions and pressures which make haath yog are designed to specifically work upon the inner mechanism of the human body. To perform haath yoga without doing inner work on the subtle body is a pointless execise from the tantra point of view, though it may help the outer body's health and stamina. A person practicing haath yoga will easily recognise the relations between it's pulls, twists, contractions, pressures and various centres of the subtle body.
Tantra is fundamental and total. It's real importance is that a tantrik can reach the heart of the problem. The tantra if practiced methodically and with full faith and respect so as to achieve success. Directions whenever specified should be followed and homa whenever indicated should be performed with correct material and appropriate mantras.The result is assured if tantras are performed properly.
To vanish worries - when a man/woman cries in happiness tears should be sucked by one who has worries and the worries will be vanished.
To have a child - The milk teeth of a child when it falls should be picked up before falling on the ground. If a lady childless ties it on her left hand in silver or copper talisman, she will be blessed with a child.
To get respect - If the teeth are kept by anybody with him or her and uses it in a silver talisman the person will be respected everywhere.
To cure epilepsy - Heeng (half a masha) should be mixed with a few drops of water. Put a drop in the nose on the side of nostril, than the side affected with epilepsy.
To have a daughter - If the root of lemon tree is taken by a lady with water who is blessed with sons and wants daughters, she will give birth or girls.
To stop stammering - Leaves of manduka parni should be dried in the shade and powdered. This powder should be taken with crystal sugar twice a day.
1. The root of Brahma dandi (T. Balarakkisa H. Shial Kanta) must be rubbed with water on a smooth stone and the paste taken. This is a reliable remedy.
2. Tender leaves of Hema Pushpi (T. Tangeti, H. - Tarwar country soma) must be dried and should be taken with pepper and sugar.
3. Ragi (broken or Powder) must be cooked in hot water and the Kanji should be taken with butter milk. It cures diabetes.
For night blindness :
1. Tender leaves of Castor (4 or 5) taken every day cures night blindness.
2. Tender leaves of Jivanti should be fried in ghee and eaten.
1. Two or three drops of Juice of sitaphal leaves, when placed in the crevices of the teeth, kills the worms and removes the pain.
2. Milk of arka when placed in the damaged tooth, kills the worm and pain is lessened.
3. Leaves of Vajradanti when put in the ear removes the pain.
4. Leaves of Jambu should be dried in the shade and powdered. Add Khadirasara (T. Kaviri - Catechu - and put between the teeth.
This entry was posted on 10:06 AM
and is filed under
You can follow any responses to this entry through
the RSS 2.0 feed.
You can leave a response,
or trackback from your own site.
This entry was posted on 10:06 AM and is filed under articles , kundli prediction , tantra , vastu , vedic kundli , western astrology , yantra . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.